Monday 14 September 2015

10 Games from Best to Worst




(1) Pokémon Alpha Sapphire/ Sapphire version.
This is my most favourite game. The reason why I have put both of them as the top is because Pokémon Alpha Sapphire is a remake of Pokémon sapphire. This game is a role-playing game (RPG for short) and follows the route of using the exaggerated/Retro artistic style. At the start of the game you are introduced into the world of Pokémon. From then on, you have to travel the region and collect gym badges, fill up a pokedex (where you register your caught Pokémon) and try to become the champion. However, in every Pokémon game there is always a back story behind your main objective which slows down the journey for you, with this back story, you get directed into visiting many different areas and you have a better chance to catch different types of Pokémon. This was the first Pokémon game I played and I have been hooked onto playing the other Pokémon series. Pokémon sapphire offers a great story and I find the Pokémon in this game a lot more interesting than the Pokémon in the other series. The remake of this game (Alpha Sapphire) uses the exaggerated artistic style whereas the original game uses the retro style.


(2) Ark Survival Evolved Ark survival evolved falls into the genre of survival and the style of this game is exaggerated. This game is currently an early access game which means it is still getting updates quite frequently. I have only just started playing this game about a month ago (played 200 hours so far) and I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed playing this game. Although the FPS is a problem, they are always trying to fix bugs and add in new dinosaurs. This game is all about taming

and killing dinosaurs, building bases and creating tribes. You can play this game in first person and in third person, you have the choice of whether to be male or female and you start off the game with nothing. You have to gather tons of resources and level up. The higher the level you are, the better things you can craft/make.
You can play this game online or on you own. This is a PC game (until they release the next gen console versions) so there will be servers you can join. What I love the most about this game is the amount of dinosaurs you can tame, you can tame many T-Rexs, Parasaurs, Raptors… etc. and it is a very challenging game. It has managed to captivate me for many hours due to the amazing graphics it has and the amount of things you can do on it.
(3)Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Zombies).What I particularly like about the Black Ops 2 Zombie gameplay the most is the story line and figuring out the Easter egg (A set of steps which you have to figure out which order they follow in and in the end you are rewarded with an achievement and it connects to the next DLC). Each Easter egg is very entertaining to complete but very time consuming. Black Ops 2 zombies is a FPS (first person shooter) in which you are one of the four characters stuck in a zombie apocalypse. You don’t get to choose which character you are but each of the characters are significant within the story line. Black ops 2 in general is a photo realistic game. Here is a quote which backs up my opinion on the game. Quote from a review “The zombies mode is purely for entertainment, and I must say, it is EXTREMELY entertaining.”
(4)Minecraft
Minecraft is a cell shaded game which is an arcade game. This is a game in which I have spent quite a few hours on however, I only find the game fun when I have a project set for myself and when I play with others. If I play alone I get bored of this game very quickly and if I don’t have an idea of what to build then I find it relatively boring. However, with friends I am able to enjoy the game to its full potential as we always find new mini games to play in the world of Minecraft. This game has a creative mode where you can build anything you can imagine with many different unlimited materials and then there is survival mode in which you have to go grab the resources yourself to build whatever you imagine. Also there are different levels of difficulty and you have to fight “mobs” which are the enemies. There are skeletons which shoot arrows and creepers which explode within proximity of you, zombies, spiders, zombie villagers, witches etc. There are two bosses on this game, the wither skeleton and the ender dragon. The ender dragon is the main boss. This game for me is very fun with friends, not so fun on your own and you need to be imaginative to play this game (unless you’re on survival!!).
(5)Portal 2
Portal 2 is a puzzle game which is on steam. I have spent quite a few hours on this game! The reason why portal 2 is 5th on my list is due to the reason of I don’t play it as much as the games above. I played the multiplayer on this game because I found it very fun to work with another to reach the end goal of each level. Portal 2 is a game where you have one gun but two modes, one mode is orange and the other is blue. They do the same thing but just opens two portals. You have to shoot the portal gun on a wall that has moondust on it. Once you have placed two portals down you can walk through the wall and end up where the other portal is placed! I found this very entertaining, I once placed a portal above me and beneath me and let physics do its thing. Portal 2 is a very good game but it is only a game I would resort to when I feel like playing a puzzle game, otherwise than that I don’t really play it much.
(6)GTA V
This game for me when it first came out was exciting. It is a photorealistic game and I think they have done a great job on recreating the Californian environment. When playing this game too much I get very bored overtime. I am not much of a “play the story line” person so I basically put all my interest into the online mode. I do have fun when they bring out new DLCs as they add new cars and guns but as soon as I’ve had fun with the new cars and guns, I get bored and then not want to play anymore. I’ve not played this game in while as I just have no recent interest in wanting to play it. The things that you can do on this game are; high speed driving, shooting rocket launchers, killing people and watch the police go after you, flying planes, stealing a jet, crash into lots of places and so on.

(7)Skyrim
This is game is an exaggeration game which falls under the genre of adventure as you can freely explore the map and such. I have probably only played about…2 hours of this game in total. In Skyrim, you get to do lots of different quests and join certain groups and kill dragons. I didn’t
particularly get on well with this game as half the time I was lost or I didn’t know exactly what to and I just couldn’t get used to the gameplay. There is not much I can say about this game because I haven’t played it for long to see what else there is.

(8)Modern Warfare 3
Modern Warfare 3 is a photorealistic FPS game. I feel as if this game is the worst COD I have played. For some reason every time when someone asks me to play this game I just don’t want to play it. I played a small part of campaign and I wasn’t interested in it at all so I can’t really describe what the whole of the campaign was like. The multiplayer however, I’ve not really played much of either. I guess this is another game where I couldn’t get used to. I didn’t really like the guns on this game that was available in multiplayer and I particularly didn’t like the maps. Usually in COD games I slowly get used to the guns but on this game, I couldn’t do that.

9. Fifa Series
When I was younger, I tried to play this game as I was interested in football. After playing a few games I got very bored quickly. It didn’t seem to interest that much. I felt like it was the same after every game, you pass, you tackle, you shoot and then you either score or don’t score. I feel like there was nothing else to it. I guess if you’re a huge fan of football then this is the perfect game for you but for me, I just found it hard to become engaged in the game. I played matches where I was against my friends but I still didn’t find it interesting. This game is a photo-realistic game as it does try to recreate the real players’ characters and such.
(10) UK Truck Simulator
I played roughly 5 minutes of this game and found it completely boring. I didn’t really play this game optionally, I was just covering the game for someone whilst they had to do something and I was so bored that I refused to carry on playing the game. Basically, (within the amount of time I played) all you do is drive a truck from one place in the UK to another. That’s it. Well that’s all I know that you do anyway, it’s pretty slow moving, can’t do anything reckless… I guess that’s the whole point of the simulator. I’m really not sure what fun about driving a truck is. To conclude, I didn’t like the game.







No comments:

Post a Comment